Our fees cover all of the work required to complete the sale of your property, including dealing with obtaining title documents, replies to enquiries before contract, obtaining redemption statements in respect of any mortgage and dealing with all matters up to the conclusion of the sale.
The prices below do not include VAT unless otherwise stated and do not include disbursements.
|Sale price||Legal Costs (excl VAT)||VAT at 20%||Total|
|Up to £110,000||£560.00||£112.00||£672.00|
|£110,000 – £150,000||£585.00||£117.00||£702.00|
|£150,000 – £220,000||£610.00||£122.00||£732.00|
|£220,000 – £275,000||£675.00||£135.00||£810.00|
|£275,000 – £350,000||£695.00||£139.00||£834.00|
|£350,000 – £500,000||£780.00||£156.00||£936.00|
|From £500,000 upwards||Individual prices |
available on request
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
|Disbursement (excl VAT)||VAT at 20%||Total|
|Land Registry Fees (Additional fees are payable if other documents are required).||£6.00||£0.00||£6.00|
|Management Pack fee||The costs of these packs can vary from £150 – £350 plus VAT.||A request of the Landlord will need to be made to provide an accurate figure.||–|
|Landlords responses to enquiries||The costs of these packs can vary from £150 – £350 plus VAT.||A request of the Landlord will need to be made to provide an accurate figure.||–|
How long will my house sale take?
The time that it takes from an offer being accepted until completion day, when you move out of your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 6 – 12weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are not in a chain and don’t have another property to purchase, it could take 6 weeks. However, if you are selling a leasehold property that requires an extension of the lease, or there is a large chain you are a part of, this can take significantly longer, between 3 – 6 months. In such a situation additional charges would apply.
Stages of the process
The precise stages involved in the sale of a residential property vary according to the circumstances. However, below we have suggested some key stages:
- Take your instructions and give you initial advice;
- Obtain documents of title, and replies to Property Information form and Fixtures and Fittings Form and prepare contracts for sale;
- Deal with necessary enquiries raised by the buyers solicitor;
- Give you advice on all enquiries received;
- Obtain Redemption Statements on any mortgages on the property;
- Meet with you or send final contract to you for signature;
- Agree completion date (moving day);
- Exchange contracts and notify you that this has happened;
- Complete purchase;
- Deal with discharge of mortgage and pay estate agents fees.
Please note we are unable to provide you with any tax advice. Whilst we have tried to put together reliable estimates as detailed above, there are many factors that can increase the estimates provided. We aim to inform you as soon as possible with full details of any changes in fees. We have attached a list of potential additional costs for your reference. Click herefor further details.
Our fee assumes that:
- The title is a registered title;
- All documentation requested has been provided to us;
- This is a standard transaction and that no unforeseen matters arise including for example (but not limited to) a defect in title which requires remedying prior to completion or the preparation of additional documents ancillary to the main transaction;
- The transaction is concluded in a timely manner and no unforeseen complication arises;
- All parties to the transaction are co-operative and there is no unreasonable delay from third parties providing documentation;
- No indemnity policies are required. Additional disbursements will apply if indemnity policies are required;
- You do not instruct us that an exchange of completion must take place in less than 6 weeks; if you do require these timescales then this will incur additional costs.